Young Transport Professionals Bursary
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Young Transport Professionals Bursary.
In line with one of the global UITP missions to bring people together to exchange ideas, find solutions and forge mutually beneficial business partnerships, the UITPANZ works with our member organisations to foster a culture of knowledge sharing and networking across all industry sectors and experience levels. One way we do this is through the facilitation of a bursary for young professionals and those new to transport to attend our Global Public Transport Summit.
In 2019, Transit Australia Group is sponsoring two young transport professionals to attend the Global Public Transport Summit in Stockholm, Sweden on 9-12 June 2019. To be considered for this bursary, you must submit a video and written response to two questions along with your CV/resume and bursary consent form.
You must be a young transport professional aged between 21-35 or have less than 5 years of transport work experience AND be employed by a UITPANZ Premium or Advantage member organisation.
Record a 60-90 second video on the topic "What is the next big idea that will bring transformative change to the current mobility landscape?"
- Videos must be recorded via smartphone only. No professional recordings will be considered.
Write a response of less than 250 words each to the following questions:
- How can public transport authorities and operators improve the customer experience to increase modal share?
- What role should public transport play in the shaping of cities in Australia and New Zealand?
- Responses to questions must be submitted in PDF format with a CV (no more than two-pages) and the signed consent form by 15 JANUARY 2019.
To be considered for selection, you must submit both your CV, consent form, video and written response together to https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/uitpanz.
Two winners will be selected by a panel of senior industry leaders, and winners will be asked to present their proposals and learnings from the Summit at our 2019 Young Transport Professionals Seminar following the Summit.
- The travel bursary will cover entry to the Summit, air fares, and accommodation for the duration of the Summit, up to a total value of $5000 per winner.
- This competition is open to those employed by UITPANZ Premium and Advantage member organisations only. If you are not sure what kind of member your organisation is, you can check here.
The 2019 Young Transport Professionals Bursary is sponsored by: